When choosing a One Man and a Brush Woodstock Painter, consumers have many options. This short list will help you choose the best painting contractor for your needs. Wishing you luck! !
1. Tell me about you and your company. The painting contractor will be able discuss the areas in which he or she is an expert, as well as services provided, number of years they have been in business, etc. The explanations should be simple, straightforward and easy to understand. They should also speak directly to you.
2. Is your work force stable and consisting of professional painters with experience? For how long has the average member of staff worked for you? Do you have full-time professional painter employees? How rigorous is your training in terms of the latest techniques for painting, environmental concerns, safety regulations and rules? What is the experience of our painters: how long have they worked as professional painters for? Are you a company with a permanent workforce or one that is constantly changing? Explain your standards for training, supervision and quality control. Remember that the painter who is on the job site with the least experience will not be able to do a better paint job than the one doing the best.
3. In what type of work are you specialized? Commercial, residential, or institutional? Your contractor has a particular focus. Painting companies may specialize in residential painting for clients who are looking to have the best painting. Customers who need commercial painting services may choose a contractor based on the quality of the painting, the ability to adhere to schedules and the fact that they want a painter who will do the job correctly the first time.
4. How would you describe the work that goes into your painting? Customers want to hire painters who take pride in their paint job. Painting professionals must perform a thorough analysis of the customer’s requirements, prepare the surface meticulously and thoroughly, and apply the paint using the latest techniques.
5. Do you have references available? You contractor should provide you with a list of clients, both current and previous. The contractor should have a list of references for house painting, broken down by neighborhood and street. The website of the painter should include local references as well as a recent portfolio.
6. Do you have any documentation regarding your licenses or certifications? In many states, painting contractors are required to be registered with the state. The contractor should provide a copy to any prospective painting client. You can also confirm the registration information by calling your local Department of Consumer Protection.
7. Can your agent issue me a certificate of insurance? It is absolutely necessary to provide proof of insurance for all of the employees, including workers compensation, liability, and auto. A Certificate of Insurance should be provided by the insurance agent of the contractor (and NOT by them).
8. Do you have EPA Lead Safe Certification? Federal Law states that only EPA Lead Safe Certified firms are allowed to renovate homes constructed before 1978. You should ensure that your contractor has received the necessary training, and is an EPA Lead Safe Certified Firm. The employees should have been certified renovators in accordance with Federal RRP. Contractors should display the EPA Lead-Safe Certified firm logo.
9. What are the paint brands you use? Only the best paints from leading manufacturers should be used by contractors. Benjamin Moore, Glidden Professional and Sherwin-Williams, among others, work with professional painters to help them select the best coating for their clients’ needs. House painting contractors should be able to customize products to meet their clients’ needs.
10. What makes you different from your competition? Painting contractors with experience should have the ability to explain what sets them apart. Painters should discuss the use of premium-quality paints, their ability to apply products in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and how they treat customers’ property like it is their own. It is important to provide the customer with a wide range of information so that they can make an educated decision.